The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week
May 24, 2019
If you’re looking for a stimulating read, here’s a great list for you. We found some of the best recent articles published for talent professionals and posted them below. They cover a wide range of topics, including an argument for parents talking more about their kids at work, the increasing number of men who are holding back in being mentors to women, and a Game of Thrones related look at backstabbing and competition in the workforce.
Here are the must-read posts for this week:
1. The Number of Men Who Are Uncomfortable Mentoring Women Is Growing — by Sheryl Sandberg & Marc Pritchard
2. The Rich World is Enjoying an Unprecedented Jobs Boom — by The Economist
3. ‘Playing Catch-Up in the Game of Life.’ Millennials Approach Middle Age in Crisis — by Janet Adamy & Paul Overberg
4. Do Career Fairs Still Have Value? — by Riia O'Donnell
5. Our Top 6 Pieces of Career Wisdom for New Grads (and Everyone Else Too) — by First Round Review
6. End the Plague of Secret Parenting — by Emily Oster
7. America Is In Full Employment, So Why Aren't We Celebrating? — by Pallavi Gogoi
8. Five Reasons to Ignore Resumes — by David Bernard
9. The Cersei Effect: How Businesses Turn Colleagues into Backstabbers — by Patrick J. Kiger
10. 15 Gender Identity Terms You Need to Know to Build an Inclusive Workplace — by Samantha McLaren
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.