The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week
June 7, 2019
If you’re looking for a stimulating read, here’s a great list for you. We found some of the best recent articles published for talent professionals and posted them below. They cover a wide range of topics, including the case for working less to save the planet, why employees continue to hide their disabilities, and new developments in the classification of gig and contract workers.
Here are the must-read posts for this week:
1. The Radical Plan to Save the Planet by Working Less — by Shayla Love
2. Why People Hide Their Disabilities at Work — by Pooja Jain-Link & Julia Taylor Kennedy
3. Many Conferences Aren’t Very Diverse. One Thing to Fix: The Microphone — by Sophia Kunthara
4. Gig-Worker Model Upends Employee Classification Debate — by Roy Maurer
5. ‘Talent War’ at Home Prompts U.S. Employers to Take Another Look Abroad — by Angus Loten
6. Rejecting Candidates Who Don't Send a Thank-You Note: Understandable or Unreasonable? — by Samantha McLaren
7. Victory for Fathers in a Parental Leave Case That Could Be a Harbinger — by Noam Scheiber
8. What HR Can Do About the Measles — and What It Can't — by Jennifer Carsen
9. Climate Crisis: U.K. Should Dramatically Cut Working Hours to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Study Says — by Harry Cockburn
10. For Gender Equality in Our Country, a Crossroads Looms — by Sandrine Devillard
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.