The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week
August 23, 2019
If you’re looking for a stimulating read, here’s a great list for you. We found some of the best recent articles published for talent professionals and posted them below. They cover a wide range of topics, including the role of big companies in fixing economic and social problems, beating the "Sunday scaries," and how to avoid wasting the efforts of talented employees by dividing them into two catergories: astronauts and architects.
Here are the must-read posts for this week:
1. Why You Should Stop Trying to Be Happy at Work — by Susan Peppercorn
2. When Building a New Venture, Friction Isn’t Just Inevitable — It’s Invaluable — by Katherine Londergan & Carl Fudge
3. 5 Ways Employers Can Help Workers Beat the 'Sunday Scaries' — by Riia O'Donnell
4. Employers Have Policed Black Hair for Decades. These Four Women Have Had Enough — by Lindsay Schallon
5. What Companies Are For — by The Economist
6. Employers Try New Language to Lure Job Seekers — by Chip Cutter
7. Why HubSpot Treats Its Culture as a Product — and How That Helps Them Attract Great Candidates — by Lars Schmidt
8. Recruiting Recruiters — by Amy Moody Knapp
9. Amazon Uses a Twitter Army of Employees to Fight Criticism of Warehouses — by Jonah Engel Bromwich
10. Are You Wasting Employees' Talent? Here's How to Know — by Caroline Stokes
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.