The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week
August 30, 2019
If you’re looking for a stimulating read, here’s a great list for you. We found some of the best recent articles published for talent professionals and posted them below. They cover a wide range of topics, including a key to preventing burnout, the similarities between job reports and tea leaves, and how the responsibilities of eldercare fall disproportionately on the shoulders of women.
Here are the must-read posts for this week:
1. Hong Kong Protests Force Companies to Choose: Their Employees or China — by Steven Russolillo, Frances Yoon, Eli Binder & Eun-Young Jeong
2. Here’s How the Wage Gap Affects Black Women — by Sarah O'Brien
3. To Prevent Burnout, Hire Better Bosses — by Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic
4. Stop Reading The Tea Leaves And Build A Better Workforce — by Meghan M. Biro
5. Younger Workers Report Biggest Gains in Happiness With Pay — by Lauren Weber
6. Our Temp-centric Strategy Failed Miserably, So Now We Only Hire Full-time Employees — by Mitch Cohen
7. Big Business Is Beginning to Accept Broader Social Responsibilities — by The Economist
8. Why Aren’t More Women Working? They’re Caring for Parents — by Eduardo Porter
9. 3 Reasons Why People Analytics Should Be a Priority for Every HR Team — by Mark Menke
10. Your Employer May Be Spying on You — and Wasting Its Time — by Rose Eveleth
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.