The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week
January 25, 2019
In case you need a stimulating read, here’s a great list for you. We took a look through some of the best articles published this past week for talent professionals and posted them below. The following articles cover topics ranging from how requiring companies to disclose their gender info helps shrink the gender gap, to why organizations need to be open to a four-day workweek and tips make it happen.
Here are the must-read posts for this week:
1. Research: Gender Pay Gaps Shrink When Companies Are Required to Disclose Them -- by Morten Bennedsen, Elena Simintzi, Margarita Tsoutsoura and Daniel Wolfenzon
2. Here's Why Job Seekers Should Be Skeptical Of Glowing Online Company Reviews -- by Jack Kelly
3. Tech Startups Tend to Lose Many of Their Employees for the Same Reason, and It's Completely Avoidable -- by Shana Lebowitz
4. Is the Four-Day Workweek an Impossible Dream or Plausible Plan? -- by Anisa Purbasari Horton
5. 5 Predictions for What Women Will Experience in the Workplace In 2019 -- by Georgene Huang
6. Struggling to Engage Employees? Try Approaching That Goal the Old-Fashioned Way. -- by Peter Daisyme
7. CEO of IBM Says Hiring Based on Skills Instead of College Degrees is Vital for the Future of Tech -- by Matt Novak
8. Getting Real About AI for Recruiting -- by Raghav Singh
9. Are We Long—or Short—on Talent? -- by Megan McConnell and Bill Schaninger
10. Marissa Mayer’s Resume Has Gone Viral Again. But Is It All It’s Cracked up to Be? -- by Bruce Anderson
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.