The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week
April 19, 2019
If you’re looking for a stimulating read, here’s a great list for you. We found some of the best recent articles published for talent professionals and posted them below. They cover a wide range of topics, including a well-known tech founder's recent controversial comments about overtime work, how recruiters can hire more veterans, and the reason for Generation Z's restraint on social media.
Here are the must-read posts for this week:
1. Your Approach to Hiring Is All Wrong — by Peter Cappelli
2. Under Employers' Gaze, Gen Z Is Biting Its Tongue On Social Media — by Hafsa Quraishi
3. How Recruiters Can Translate Military Speak and Hire More Veterans — by Riia O'Donnell
4. Alibaba Founder Jack Ma Says Working Overtime Is a ‘Huge Blessing’ — by Karen Gilchrist
5. Research: Why Managers Ignore Employees’ Ideas — by Elad N. Sherf, Subra Tangirala & Vijaya Venkataramani
6. Steal This One Idea from College Campuses to Improve Employee Retention — and Rejuvenate Your Workforce — by Bruce Anderson
7. Over 4,200 Amazon Workers Push for Climate Change Action, Including Cutting Some Ties to Big Oil— by Karen Weise
8. The Subtle Ways That Discrimination Works —by The Economist
9. Why This CEO Pays Employees Up to $750 to Unplug on Vacation — by Robert Glazer
10. The Con of the Side Hustle — by Alissa Quart
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.