The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week
April 19, 2019
If you’re looking for a stimulating read, here’s a great list for you. We found some of the best recent articles published for talent professionals and posted them below. They cover a wide range of topics, including a well-known tech founder's recent controversial comments about overtime work, how recruiters can hire more veterans, and the reason for Generation Z's restraint on social media.
Here are the must-read posts for this week:
1. Your Approach to Hiring Is All Wrong — by Peter Cappelli
2. Under Employers' Gaze, Gen Z Is Biting Its Tongue On Social Media — by Hafsa Quraishi
3. How Recruiters Can Translate Military Speak and Hire More Veterans — by Riia O'Donnell
4. Alibaba Founder Jack Ma Says Working Overtime Is a ‘Huge Blessing’ — by Karen Gilchrist
5. Research: Why Managers Ignore Employees’ Ideas — by Elad N. Sherf, Subra Tangirala & Vijaya Venkataramani
8. The Subtle Ways That Discrimination Works —by The Economist
9. Why This CEO Pays Employees Up to $750 to Unplug on Vacation — by Robert Glazer
10. The Con of the Side Hustle — by Alissa Quart
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.