The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week
April 26, 2019
If you’re looking for a stimulating read, here’s a great list for you. We found some of the best recent articles published for talent professionals and posted them below. They cover a wide range of topics, including a big idea to help close the gender pay gap, an important upcoming decision in the US Supreme Court, and how well-meaning employment engagement surveys can backfire.
Here are the must-read posts for this week:
1. Why Companies Are Failing at Reskilling — by Lauren Weber
2. Supreme Court to Decide Whether Landmark Civil Rights Law Applies to Gay and Transgender Workers — by Adam Liptak
3. Your Employment Engagement Survey Is Destroying Your Company’s Culture — by Laszlo Bock
4. America’s Elderly Are Twice as Likely to Work Now Than in 1985 — by Suzanne Woolley
5. Understanding Talent's 'Build or Buy' Conundrum — by Riia O'Donnell
6. How the NBA’s Top Teams Recruit Top Coaches — and What You Can Learn from Them — by Bruce Anderson
7. Employees Accuse Google of Retaliating Against Them for Their Organizing Efforts — by Beth Kowitt
8. How This Training Helped Male Executives Confront Their Privilege and Bias — by Lydia Dishman
9. Author Joanne Lipman Has an Idea She Thinks Will Help Close the Gender Gap: Force New Fathers to Take Family Leave — by Michelle Fox
10. Why Big Business Is Giving Up Its Fight Against a Higher Minimum Wage — by Lydia DePillis
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.