The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week
July 19, 2019
If you’re looking for a stimulating read, here’s a great list for you. We found some of the best recent articles published for talent professionals and posted them below. They cover a wide range of topics, including the significance of pronouns, a guide to building diverse startups, and how the U.S. Navy is part of the growing trend of hiring generalists as expertise falls out of favor throughout the talent world.
Here are the must-read posts for this week:
1. At Work, Expertise Is Falling Out of Favor — by Jerry Useem
2. Those She/Her/Hers at the End of Email Messages Are More Than a Passing Trend — by Lila MacLellan
3. The Power of Performance Reviews: Use This System to Become a Better Manager — by Lenny Rachitsky
4. Amazon’s Latest Experiment: Retraining Its Work Force — by Ben Casselman & Adam Satariano
5. Does Diversity Training Work the Way It’s Supposed To? — by Edward H. Chang
6. The Mystery of the Miserable Employees: How to Win in the Winner-Take-All Economy — by Neil Irwin
7. The Short But Destructive History of Mass Layoffs — by Sarah Todd
8. Why — and How — Your Company Should Embrace Older Workers — by Bruce Anderson
9. Decision Making in Our Increasingly Complex Organizations — by Irving Wladawsky-Berger
10. Building a Diverse Startup from Day One — by Luke Sykora
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.