The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week
April 10, 2020
Sometimes the best way to tackle challenging or difficult times is to look to the past. That’s why in this week’s list of must-read articles for talent professionals, we’ve included a “field guide” of crisis management tips from tech leaders who experienced the dot-com bubble and the Great Recession. Learn about the dangers of delay, the importance of crowdsourcing solutions, and more.
And speaking of crowdsourcing, be sure to read Josh Bersin’s outline of 10 lessons he’s learned from top HR executives as they respond to the coronavirus. “Every company agreed,” he writes, “that the rapid changes taking place will be long-lasting for years to come.”
Also on our list below, we’ve got tips for keeping your teams motivated without compromising compassion; a reminder that mentorship is important now more than ever; good news on the hiring front coming from the San Francisco Bay Area; and a peek at the office of tomorrow.
Here are the must-read articles for this week:
1. The Founder's Field Guide for Navigating This Crisis — Advice from Recession-Era Leaders, Investors, and CEOs Currently at the Helm (First Round Review)
2. How to Keep Your Team Motivated, Remotely (Harvard Business Review)
3. Responding To COVID-19. Ten Lessons From The World’s HR Leaders (Josh Bersin)
4. What Will Tomorrow’s Workplace Bring? More Elbow Room, for Starters (The New York Times)
5. Companies Hiring Recruiters Right Now (LinkedIn Talent Blog)
6. Social Distancing Doesn’t Have to Disrupt Mentorship (Harvard Business Review)
7. Good News for Bay Area: Tech Hiring Despite the Coronavirus (The San Francisco Chronicle)
8. FT Ranking: The Americas’ Fastest-Growing Companies (The Financial Times)
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.