The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week
May 1, 2020
In this week’s list of must-read articles for talent professionals, you can read how companies are starting to think and plan for a “re-opening.” Companies in the West are turning to Asia for lessons, HR leaders are rethinking personnel decisions with their employee brand top of mind, and business leaders around the world are creating plans that accept that the recent changes to workforce culture are likely here to stay.
And if you’re feeling drained after a full day of video conferencing, you’re not alone. “Video chats mean we need to work harder to process non-verbal cues like facial expressions, the tone and pitch of the voice, and body language,” reports the BBC. “[P]aying more attention to these consumes a lot of energy.”
Also on our list, find out how the coronavirus has exposed uncomfortable truths about being a working parent, pick up tips for turning adversity into advantage, learn how to build a successful virtual internship program, and more.
Here are the must-read articles for this week:
1. Three Things Lockdowns Have Exposed About Working and Parenting (The New York Times)
4. 7 Early Return-to-Workplace Lessons from Asia (Smarter With Gartner)
5. 6 Steps for a Virtual Internship Program (LinkedIn Talent Blog)
8. Make the Right Personnel Decisions Now to Thrive After the Crisis (Harvard Business Review)
9. A Lonely Fight Against Sexual Harassment in Tech (The New Republic)
10. Getting the Restart Right: How to Lead When Nobody Has a Map (The Wall Street Journal)
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.