The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week
June 12, 2020
Lobby for good. Ban the box. Implement anti-racism personnel policies. According to the Harvard Business Review, these are just some of the commitments companies can make to fight systemic racism and promote equality in the workplace. “Some changes cost virtually nothing,” HBR writes, “others may create short-term costs. But solid research has shown that the changes that do cost money actually create shared value and lead to both greater long-term corporate profitability and a more prosperous, equitable, and sustainable society.” Learn more about these commitments in the first story on our list of must-read articles below.
Dipping into our list, you can also learn why business leaders should embrace feeling uncomfortable when reopening brick-and-mortar offices, what qualities to look for in a remote worker, and how perks can still be a part of your employee experience.
And be sure to check out the Stanford Graduate School of Business’s research on class, confidence, and social advantage: “When overconfident people from upper-class backgrounds walk into a job interview or are vying for a leadership role, they have an immediate advantage... We can’t help but fall for their bravado, endowing them with greater talent and skills than they in fact possess.”
Here are the must-read articles for this week:
1. The 10 Commitments Companies Must Make to Advance Racial Justice (Harvard Business Review)
4. The Hidden Social Advantage (Stanford Graduate School of Business)
5. Feeling Uncomfortable with Reentry? You’re on the Right Track (Harvard Business Review)
6. Resources for Recruiting and HR Professionals to Build More Inclusive Companies (LinkedIn Talent Blog)
7. America’s Safety Net Is Failing Its Workers (Bloomberg News)
8. No More Pizza Fridays: Companies Find New Perks for the Remote Worker (The Wall Street Journal)
10. How CHROs Have Met the Moment (Harvard Business Review)
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.