The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week
June 26, 2020
“If I pulled job postings from 100 years ago,” says Katrina Kibben, CEO and founder of Three Ears Media, in an article from Inc., “they aren't that different from what they are now." From our list below of must-read articles for talent professionals, find out why job descriptions haven’t changed in a century and how Katrina suggests overhauling them to attract candidates from all walks of life.
Be sure to also check out an analysis of a recent survey about diversity and inclusion from McKinsey & Company. The results make it clear that there’s plenty of room for improvement in making workplaces truly inclusive, and the report also gives recommendations of how companies can move forward.
And looking further down our list, you can find tips for keeping your talent pipeline warm during a pandemic; dive deep into Netflix’s self-described “weird” culture; and learn how salaries may be changing if workers choose to permanently work from home.
Here are the must-read articles for this week:
1. New Hope for White-Collar Job Seekers? It Depends on the Job (The New York Times)
2. Working from Home While Black (Harvard Business Review)
4. How Can We Get the UK Workforce Safely Back to Work? (LinkedIn)
5. Understanding Organizational Barriers to a More Inclusive Workplace (McKinsey & Company)
6. From Runners-Up to Boomerangs: Don’t Wait to Build Your Talent Pipeline (Recruiting Daily)
8. 5 Meaningful Ways Companies Are Supporting Their LGBTQ+ Employees This Pride (LinkedIn Talent Blog)
9. Those Working from Home Permanently Should Expect Salary Changes: Experts (Talent Canada)
10. Restructure Your Organization to Actually Advance Racial Justice (Harvard Business Review)
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.