The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week
July 31, 2020
McKinsey & Company calls the current moment nothing less than "HR's finest hour." In a new article, the renowned consultancy cites the way HR has managed “the radical shifts facing workforces during the pandemic.” Bloomberg adds, “Most individual HR workers feel that they're fighting the good fight.”
As you click through the list of our must-read articles for the week, you’ll find this is a common theme: Despite these challenging times (or maybe because of them), HR and talent professionals are in a position to do a lot of good. Whether it’s promoting fairer hiring practices, making the transition to remote work easier for employees, or strengthening diversity efforts at companies around the world, TA professionals are well placed to lead companies through the coronavirus pandemic and in the fight against systemic racism.
And as Melissa Thompson tells the LinkedIn Talent Blog in its survey of black TA leaders: “This is a watershed moment. For talent acquisition, it’s the part where we stop talking about what we’re going to do and actually doing and measuring and seeing the impact.”
Here are the must-read articles for this week:
1. Your Company Says Diversity Is a Higher Priority. Now What? (The Wall Street Journal)
3. Hiring in a Pandemic Is Not Always as Easy as It Looks (The Financial Times)
4. HR Says Talent Is Crucial for Performance — and the Pandemic Proves It (McKinsey & Company)
5. 4 Trends That Are Shaping the Future of Work (Entrepreneur)
6. Black Talent Leaders Share 4 Tactics (and 1 Huge Opportunity) to Boost Diversity and Inclusion (LinkedIn Talent Blog)
8. Pity the HR Worker (Bloomberg)
9. 5 Reasons Why Emotional Intelligence Is the Future of Work (Entrepreneur)
10. You’ve Been Called Out for a Microaggression. What Do You Do? (Harvard Business Review)
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.