The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week
February 19, 2021
As businesses around the world consider returning to the office, going fully remote, or finding a balance between the two, music-streaming service Spotify has embraced a work-from-anywhere (WFA) model. The company’s 6,000-plus global employees will soon be able to choose their preferred work environment, whether that be from a beachside hammock, a brick-and-mortar office, or an expense-paid coworking space. What’s more, employees who choose to live away from more-pricey locations, such as near the company’s San Francisco or New York offices, will not see a reduction in salary.
From a Business Insider article at the top of our list below, talent leaders can learn more about Spotify’s WFA model and what it could mean for their own company’s workforce planning strategy. Further down our list, there’s also plenty to glean from McKinsey & Company’s deep dive into a postpandemic world of work. The management consulting firm predicts that remote opportunities will continue to flourish; that a germ-weary world will replace many in-person jobs with automation and artificial intelligence; and that across the report’s eight focus countries, “more than 100 million workers, or 1 in 16, will need to find a different occupation by 2030.”
Here are the must-read articles for this week:
1. Spotify Says It's Letting Employees Work From Anywhere, While Still Paying San Francisco and New York Salaries (Business Insider)
3. Research: To Reduce Gender Bias in Hiring, Make Your Shortlist Longer (Harvard Business Review)
4. Most Salesforce Employees to Work Remotely at Least Part Time After Pandemic (The Wall Street Journal)
5. The Future of Work After COVID-19 (McKinsey & Company)
7. 5 Signals That You’re Operating as a Talent Advisor (LinkedIn Talent Blog)
9. Google Announces Initiative to Train 100,000 Black Women in Digital Skills by 2022 (Black Entrepreneur)
10. Stop Telling Women They Have Imposter Syndrome (Harvard Business Review)
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.