The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week
February 26, 2021
Although the pandemic has warped our sense of time, it’s worth remembering that college graduation season is just around the corner in the United States and many other countries. So consider this a friendly reminder to solidify the details of your company’s summer internship program (will you go fully remote?) and hiring process for students and recent graduates.
To ensure you bring on the right candidate, start first by giving careful thought to how you interview. “Whatever you do,” writes Tom Walker, CEO of Rev1 Ventures, in Entrepreneur, “interview thoroughly. Curious students make the best interns. They do not have to be from the most prestigious schools or the most technical disciplines. Look for applicants who ask lots of questions.”
Learn more about Tom’s tips for hiring excellent interns — and his clear reasoning for why you should have a summer internship program in the first place — by checking out the story at the top of our list below of must-read articles for talent professionals.
Further down the list, you can also find out how managers can maintain a level playing field working with remote and in-person employees; how to encourage more candidates to complete online applications; why one survey indicates that more than 50% of Americans are open to changing their careers; and more.
Here are the must-read articles for this week:
1. Why You Need Summer Interns Now, and 3 Tips for Hiring the Best Ones (Entrepreneur)
2. Making the Hybrid Workplace Fair (Harvard Business Review)
3. How Temporary Assignments Boost Innovation (MIT Sloan Management Review)
5. Prepare for ‘Massive Job Turnover’ When the Crisis Stabilizes (Reset Work)
8. Why Skills-Based Hiring Starts with Your Job Descriptions (LinkedIn Talent Blog)
9. Give Black Employees Time to Rest and Recover (Harvard Business Review)
10. ‘I Am Worth It’: Why Thousands of Doctors in America Can’t Get a Job (The New York Times)
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.