The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week
March 26, 2021
According to new research from Microsoft, 41% of workers around the globe are considering leaving their current employer this year. No matter your role, talent professionals should take note. Businesses should consider ramping up their internal mobility and employee retention efforts to give workers pause before they jump ship, while recruiters should be preparing for a potential influx of candidates.
To find out more about Microsoft’s research, take a look at the story in the top spot of our list below of must-read articles for talent professionals. There’s much to learn from the report, but one of the main takeaways is that companies have to adapt quickly to a hybrid work model: “The data is clear,” the report notes, “extreme flexibility and hybrid work will define the post-pandemic workplace.”
And speaking of work flexibility, further down our list you can also discover why one company has had five-hour workdays since 2015 and why one top bank executive is betting against working from home as “the new normal.”
Here are the must-read articles for this week:
1. The Next Great Disruption Is Hybrid Work — Are We Ready? (Microsoft Work Lab)
2. Help Candidates Self-Select With a Unique Company Mission (Stories Inc.)
5. During Covid-19, Why Are Workers So Disengaged? Blame the Boss (The Wall Street Journal)
7. COVID Vaccine Jobs Create Mini Hiring Boom (NBC News)
8. Brendan Browne Looks Back on 10 Years as LinkedIn’s Head of Recruiting (LinkedIn Talent Blog)
10. She Wants to Kill the Girl Boss (The New York Times)
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.