Trending Content of the Week: #MPB2B and Beyond
October 24, 2015
The LinkedIn Marketing Solutions team was in Boston this week for the MarketingProfs B2B Marketing Forum, #MPB2B. In between gathering insights for your edification, we sampled some truly excellent “chowdah” after we finally “pahked the cah.”
Keep your eye on the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions blog for highlights and quotes from the top #MPB2B presentations. In the meantime, here’s a taste of what went on at the Forum, plus the top marketing content from the web this week.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week:
- Digital Marketing that Focuses on User Intent—Avinash Kaushik #MPB2B TopRank Marketing’s Ashley Zeckman brings the takeaways from this presentation by Google’s Avinash Kaushik. Find out what Avinash thinks is wrong with the marketing funnel, and the framework he proposes to replace it.
- 5 Underused LinkedIn Features for Sales and Marketing Learn how to make the most of LinkedIn’s relationship management and messaging features, with this Business 2 Community article by MyMarketing Café President Jo Lynn Deal.
- How to Tie SEO with 3 Popular Demand Generation Initiatives Because demand generation campaigns are often limited-time, limited-scope events, SEO’s potential to improve them is often overlooked. KoMarketing’s Derek Edmond demonstrates why SEO deserves a place at the table in this article for Search Engine Land.
- Wisdom from the Godfather: How to Find Success with Content Marketing Content Marketing Institute Founder Joe Pulizzi distills his content marketing philosophy to its essence in this blog post, which is also available as a podcast.
- B2B Data-Driven Marketing: What You Need to Know Today Learn how to aggregate, refresh, and apply data to your marketing strategy with this webinar from eMarketing Strategy President Ruth P. Stevens and Converseon Senior Strategist Mike Moran.
- How to Boost Your Influence Using Your LinkedIn Profile If your LinkedIn Profile reads like a resume, you may be missing opportunities to expand your network. RockStar Consulting’s David Fisher has a three-part strategy to turn up the volume in this article for Social Media Examiner.
- 4 Social Media Lessons Brands can Learn from Media Companies As content marketing turns brands into publishers, it’s important to see how publishers succeed where brands traditionally fail. Socialbakers Founder Jan Rezab has some answers in this post for Mashable.
- LinkedIn Brings Personalized News to Your Wrist with Launch of Pulse for Apple Watch See how LinkedIn’s newly designed Pulse app combines with state-of-the-art wearable tech in this news article on Venture Beat from Ken Yeung.
- Four Reasons the Mobile Web will Force Us to Become Better Content Marketers We all know that good mobile design is critical for search engine ranking and user experience. Blogmutt Marketing Director Patrick Armitage looks at it from the other side, highlighting how mobile can make us better at our jobs.
- Dealing with ROI Rage: Tying KPIs to Marketing Strategy and Tactics Portent CEO Ian Lurie dives deep into how to calculate ROI on simple and complex campaigns in this SlideShare based on his #MPB2B presentation. As a bonus: adorable capybaras.
Keep your “mahketing” top-notch with the latest advice, tips, and strategies when you subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions blog.