Link In to Social Prospecting
October 4, 2013
You know LinkedIn is a great way to find a better job. You may have used LinkedIn to land the great sales job you've got now, but did you know that this website is also a great prospecting and social selling tool?
Are You Really Linked in?
You probably already have a LinkedIn profile, but the profile you have may not be the one you need to go prospecting for clients. According to Toan Dang of CRM workflow automation software company Ecquire, you need to set yourself apart by using targeted keywords, an awesome avatar, catchy headlines and engaging content.
From there, you need to go to LinkedIn Groups and join groups where your clients are likely to congregate. Jump into the discussions and make a name for yourself. You'll be surprised at just how many likely prospects ask you to connect.
Follow the companies that interest you, and not just by clicking a button. Check out the company profile, then check out their people and take a peek at their content. Get to know who should be on your radar and find out what really grabs them.
10 Ways to Expand Your Reach Today!
If you do those simple things, you'll already be ahead of the competition, but that doesn't mean you should stop there. Use these 10 simple tactics to boost your contacts:
- Raid your professional inbox.
- Link up with friends.
- Link up with family.
- Join your organizations and affiliations on LinkedIn.
- Connect with other members of those organizations and affiliations.
- Endorse people you know and take a peek at the other people endorsing them to find people you may have forgotten.
- Break out your yearbooks and graduation programs to find old classmates.
- Don't forget your professors and teachers.
- Reach out to hobbyists who share your interests.
- Finally, politely hit up all of your new connections for more introductions.
You never know which contacts are going to provide you with the inside track you need to access the client of your dreams. By casting a wide net, you may pull in some unexpected social prospects right on the spot.
Take the Cold Out of Your Calls
- Take a close look at the profiles of the people you want to contact. Find out what makes them tick, and give yourself the inside scoop on the person you want to sell to.
- Look up and down the organizational food chain to find out more about the people who surround your target. This will help you verify that you're talking to the right person, and will give you a glimpse into the organization's inner workings.
- Use LinkedIn messaging tools to make pre-call contact with your target. You can ask to schedule your call for a mutually convenient time, so you're sure to get the attention your offer deserves.
Take prospecting to the next level with LinkedIn and you'll discover you can generate golden leads that are worth following.