Install LinkedIn Sales Navigator App in Salesforce Lightning
Integrating your Salesforce account with LinkedIn Sales Navigator helps you to search for LinkedIn leads, contacts, accounts, opportunities, and access other LinkedIn features through your Salesforce CRM. Learn more about the full benefits of our CRM integration here.
Ensure to meet the following criteria for successful installation:
You need full admin access on one of the following editions:
- Salesforce: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, or Developer edition
- Salesforce: Professional Edition requires API Access and Chatter enabled (May require an additional fee, please contact Salesforce for more information.)
2.2 LinkedIn Sales Navigator
You need access to one of the following to view and test all functionalities of Sales Navigator embedded profile in Salesforce:
- License for LinkedIn Sales Navigator Advanced or Sales Navigator Advanced Plus
- Sales Navigator Team Member seat or Administrator + Team Member access
2.3 Browser Requirements
Java script enabled browser is required to install and configure Sales Navigator.
3.1 Enable My Domain
Before installing Sales Navigator, you need to set up your domain in Salesforce (if not already enabled).
To set up your domain:
1. Navigate to your Salesforce homepage.
2. Click Setup and type My Domain in the Quick Find search box on the top left corner of the screen.
3. Select My Domain under Company Settings.
4. Type the name for your domain under Choose Your Domain Name section and click Check Availability.
5. If your domain is available, click Register Domain. Wait for the domain to be published.
Note: You’ll receive an email to your registered email id.
6. Click Log in to test your domain. Email from firstname.lastname@example.org will be sent to your email. Click on the link in the email to log in and test your domain.
7. In the Navigate to this page pop-up window that appears, click Open.
8. When you’ve completed testing, return to the My Domain settings and click Deploy to Users.
9. In the pop-up box that appears, click OK. (*Domain setting can be edited later if desired.)
3.2 Install LinkedIn Sales Navigator
To install the LinkedIn Sales Navigator app:
1. Type LinkedIn Sales Navigator in the Quick Find search box.
Depending on your needs, you have two great choices for how to enable key CRM features:
- The Native Integration and
- The AppExchange Package
We recommend first installing the AppExchange Package, as it provides access to all features, including Data Validation and support for Salesforce Classic.
The following image shows the AppExchange Package installation landing page.
The following image shows the Native Integration installation landing page.
Note: If you need access to the Salesforce High Velocity Sales Integration, you can incrementally choose to activate the Native Integration. Please review a full feature comparison below:
2. To continue installing the AppExchange Package, select the LinkedIn Sales Navigator AppExchange Package tab and click Install.
3. In the pop-up window that appears, click Get it Now. You may be prompted to login to your AppExchange account for verification purposes.
4. Under Install in This org, click Install Here.
5. Review and agree to the terms and conditions and click Confirm and Install.
6. Determine the limited access to certain profiles and users:
- If you don’t wish to limit any users, we recommend selecting Install for All Users.
- If you wish to limit access to certain profiles and users for whom you have already provisioned Sales Navigator Advanced seats or licenses, select Install for Specific Profiles.
7. Click Install.
8. Complete one of the following steps based on your experience:
- If you see an Installation Complete screen, proceed to the next section.
- If a Processing screen appears, you’ll receive an email when the installation is completed post which you can proceed to the next section.
9. To incrementally enable the Native Integration (without access to Data Validation or SFDC Classic Embedded Profile components), simply toggle the Sales Navigator Integration button to On. Then follow the rest of the instructions on this page to configure Lightning Page Layouts and to enable the integration with High Velocity Sales.
4.1 Complete App Configuration including Data Validation Settings (AppExchange Package Only)
1. Click the tile icon in the top left corner to access App Launcher.
2. Select LinkedIn Sales Navigator Assistant.
3. Follow the directions to configure Sales Navigator Components in the guide.
4. To enable Data Validation, toggle on Enable Enterprise Features from the top right corner and follow the on-screen directions.
4.1.2 Enable Apex Class Access and Add Visualforce Pages (Optional)
If you did not grant access to all users in the installation step, you’ll need to enable Apex Class Access and add Visualforce pages to the specific profiles you’d like to be able to access the application.
Important: To enable Apex Class Access and to add Visualforce pages, you'll need to add all packages that start with LID.
Note: Steps 1 – 3 are only needed for Dev Orgs. Please move to Step 4 if you are not using a Dev Org.
1. Go to Setup > Administer > Manage Users > Profiles and click the profile for which you want to enable access to the app.
2. Hover over the Enabled Apex Class Access link and click Edit.
3. From the Available Apex Classes list, select all that start with LID, add them to the Enabled Apex Classes list, and select Save.
4. Hover over the Enabled Visualforce Page Access link and click Edit.
5. From the Available Visualforce Pages list, select all that start with LID, add them to the Enabled Apex Classes list, and select Save.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 for every profile you would like to be able to access the application.
5. LinkedIn Sales Navigator App Testing
To test the app:
1. Navigate to your Contacts homepage and click any desired contact record, after adding Sales Navigator embedded profile to these page layouts.
2. Test the changes you’ve made to the pages and confirm the embedded profile is added correctly.
3. Repeat Step 2 for Leads, Accounts, and Opportunities, if you’ve added the Sales Navigator embedded profile to those pages as well.
- If you don’t see the changes you have made, switch to a different browser and open the same contact record again to validate changes.
- If changes are properly displayed on an alternate browser, please click here, to learn how to clear cookies and cache from your original browser to see changes.
- If that doesn’t resolve the issue, navigate back to setup, and validate that each layout was saved and activated.
- When viewing the App for the first time, you’ll be prompted to log into your LinkedIn profile. Your LinkedIn login won’t be required after your initial login. Your experience will match the initial images at the beginning.
- For further assistance, contact LinkedIn Sales Solutions support https://www.linkedin.com/help/sales-navigator
6. Additional Resources
After completing the above steps, you can proceed to enabling the CRM Sync from within the Sales Navigator Admin settings. You can find further information here: Sales Navigator CRM Sync & Activity Writeback for Salesforce.
CRM Sync expands the integration and supports direct linking between the platforms, auto-saving of key Leads/Accounts, writing-back of Sales Navigator Actions into your CRM, and ensures you’re ready for future features that will require sync to function.