Sales Navigator Data Validation for Salesforce CRM
When you enable Data Validation post CRM sync, the contacts and accounts in your CRM are verified with the respective LinkedIn member and company profiles. Enabling Data Validation also creates a new custom field named Not at Company Flag under the Contact Information section in the CRM. When the details on the LinkedIn profiles don’t match with that of the CRM records, Not at Company is auto-populated under the Not at Company Flag field. If there’s no mismatch found, the field displays Null/No value. This validation process occurs every 24 hours and updates the custom field accordingly.
3. Enable Data Validation
3.1 Set Validation Rules in Salesforce
Before you proceed, review and modify the validation rules in your CRM for Data Validation functionality to work:
1. In the Salesforce homepage, go to Setup.
2. Under Objects and Fields, select Object Manager.
3. Click Contact in the Object Manager screen.
4. Click Validation Rules in the Contact screen.
5. Modify the rules to either allow:
- Not at Company Flag field to be updated without triggering rules
- User responsible for installation and ownership of batch jobs to avoid triggering rules.
Note: Validation rules can cause the bulk API updates to fail, causing only a limited number of Contact records to be validated.
3.2 Enable Data Validation in Sales Navigator
Follow the steps below to enable the Data Validation functionality:
1. Log into Sales Navigator as a Sales Navigator Administrator.
2. Click Admin > Admin Settings.
3. On the left rail, click Production in the CRM section.
4. On the left rail, click Exported to CRM.
5. In the Exported to CRM page, for the Validate CRM Data option, switch the toggle on or off to activate or deactivate data validation.
Note: Data Validation is initiated within 48 hours and updates the Not at Company Flag field accordingly. You can also access and modify System Views.
4. Data Validation Features and Specifications
4.1 Applicable Contacts
Data Validation occurs for contacts that are:
- Owned by syncing Sales Navigator Advanced Plus users
- Related to accounts owned by syncing Sales Navigator Advanced Plus users
- Related to Opportunities owned by syncing Sales Navigator Advanced Plus users
4.2 LinkedIn Reports
LinkedIn creates the following six reports for CRM users to utilize, if desired:
| || |
Identifies all open opportunities where a related contact reflects Not at Company value in the Not at Company Flag field and the deal may be at risk.
| || |
Identifies potential champions (contacts at Closed-Won opportunities) who have moved to new companies.
| || |
Identifies all Contacts with Not at Company value in the Not at Company Flag field.
5. Scheduling Data Validation using the LinkedIn Sales Navigator Assistant
The LinkedIn Sales Navigator Assistant app allows admins to configure LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Salesforce app. Use this app within the App Launcher feature version 2.50 or later.
1. Click the tile icon to access App Launcher.
2. Search for Sales Navigator and select LinkedIn Sales Navigator Assistant.
If you have not visited this page previously when you clicked the Enable Enterprise Features option, then you will first need to go through the Configure Sales Navigator Components wizard to install the page layouts.
3. Click Start for the Schedule Data Validation Jobs option.
4. Click Confirm Feature Enablement to engage the scheduler.
5. After you have switched the toggle to on for Confirm Feature Enablement, you will see the scheduler. You will need to choose the frequency and select the Job Start Time. The start time defaults to 15-minute intervals but you can manually enter a time as well.
6. Click Activate.
You will notice the Other Scheduled Jobs in your CRM to help you avoid scheduling data validation at the same time as when other jobs are running.
7. After a data validation job is scheduled, you can choose to Deactivate it at a later point in time.
8. Click Finish to exit.