Here Are the Top Companies of 2019
April 3, 2019
Today, we’re thrilled to unveil LinkedIn’s Top Companies of 2019 — a list of the most sought-after employers across Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
This year’s companies are a mix of global giants like Shell, Volkswagen, Apple, BP, and Huawei Technologies and disruptive start-ups like Coinbase, Swiggy, OYO, Nubank, and Rubrik. Tech titan Amazon appeared on nine of the 11 lists while Alphabet (Google’s parent company) and EY both showed up on seven.
These companies represent diverse industries like banking, automotive, tech, telecommunications, luxury retail, and pharmaceuticals.
Here at LinkedIn Talent Solutions, we want to say a big congrats to the winners for working tirelessly to create employer brands that resonate emotionally with candidates and inspire and engage employees.
For companies that are looking to start defining and building their employer brand, check out the starter guide below the rankings and follow the latest trends in employer branding on our blog.
Finally, here are the top 10 employers in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and the United States. To see the full list of winners, click on the country names. To participate in the conversation online use #LinkedInTopCompanies.
How we determined the 2019 Top Companies
Every year, our editors and data scientists examine billions of actions taken by LinkedIn members to discover the companies that generate the most interest from job seekers and do the best job holding on to new talent. To select our Top Companies, we looked at these four factors:
- Interest: The rate of new nonemployee follows of the business’s LinkedIn Company Page
- Engagement: How many nonemployees are viewing employees at that company
- Demand: The rate at which people view and apply to jobs
- Retention: The percentage of employees who are still at a company a year after being hired
How you can build a better employer brand — and make your company a go-to for job seekers
While this year’s Top Companies span many industries and sizes, they all have something in common: an enviable employer brand. If you are looking for ways to bolster your own employer brand, here are a few things you can do:
- Make employer branding an exec priority: In order for employer branding to truly become part of your company’s DNA, you have to get buy-in from the top. Work with your executive team to build a clear and compelling EVP (employee value proposition) and focus your employer brand around it. Then agree on metrics for success and track your company’s performance against them.
- Take a data-driven approach to segmentation and messaging: In order for your brand to resonate with your target audience it needs to be tailored to their needs. Create a few key candidate personas (eg. salesperson, engineer, marketer), understand what they care about, and develop content that speaks specifically to them.
- Share what makes your company a great place to work: After you create your candidate personas, share with them your company values and what it’s like to work for you. This way you’ll be more likely to attract the type of talent that will thrive in your company culture. Use your website and social media channels, like LinkedIn Company and Career Pages, to give them a glimpse into the life of your employees and what type of projects they would be working on.
- Turn your employees into brand ambassadors. Your employees are more connected to the potential talent you want to hire, and they’re the most trusted sources of information about your company – 3X more trusted than your CEO. That’s why it’s so important to get them sharing what it’s like to work for you. A great first step is kicking of such a program is providing your employees with social media training.
These are just a few of the steps you can take to build a robust employer branding program. If you want to dive deeper, download this guide with Employer Branding Essentials.
Once again, congrats to the all the Top Companies winners!
*Hero image from LVMH
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.