Top 10 sales tips
Better Sales Prospecting
It wasn’t long ago that cold calling was a necessary sales prospecting technique. But in the digital world of today, where roughly two-thirds of the B2B buyers make their decision digitally via online content, the rules of sales prospecting have changed.
LinkedIn for Sales Prospecting
With over 450M members, LinkedIn is at the forefront of connecting B2B
buyers and sellers. One of the most important sales techniques is to
understand how buyer behaves – making prospecting easier with greater
success. A recent IDC social buying study has shown:
- 75% of the B2B buyers use Social Media to make buying decisions.
- 50% of B2B buyers use LinkedIn as a source for making purchase decisions.
- 76% of B2B buyers prefer to work with recommendations from their professional network.
Sales Prospecting Techniques
1. Create a strong professional brand
Be an active participant in your industry. Join LinkedIn groups and engage in discussions.
2. Ask insightful questions
Follow news about your prospect’s business. Join LinkedIn groups so that you are in-tune with any relevant discussions. Connect with prospects to understand their LinkedIn activity and what they care about. Find and share interesting industry publications with your prospects.
3. Build trusted relationships
Get introduced through referrals or common connections. Meet the needs of the prospect first, selling second. Sell the problem and the solution, not the product.
LinkedIn's Sales Prospecting Tool
LinkedIn’s sales tool – Sales Navigator, enables sales professionals to
prospect smarter, not harder. These key features will enhance your sales
- Real-Time Sales Updates: Get relevant insights on your accounts and leads, including job changes, news mentions, and new potential leads.
- Lead Recommendations : Quickly discover more people at your target accounts with custom suggestions.
- TeamLink : Uncover the best ways to connect with prospects through your company's network.
- InMail: Contact decision makers in a credible way, even if you're not connected.
- CRM Widget: View LinkedIn information where you’re already tracking your other sales activity – in your CRM. (Only available for Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics.)
"I've had great success in finding new leads, prospecting, and qualifying leads."
- Marcus Ritsema, Ad Operations Specialist, Adtegrity