Sales professionals intuitively understand certain outreach approaches are less effective than others – and are tuned in to behaviors that turn off buyers.
1. Misleading information (36%)
2. Lack of personal messaging (35%)
3. Not understanding own product or services (34%)
4. Not understanding competitors’ product or services (32%)
5. Cold calling or emailing repeatedly (31%)
6. Not understanding buyer’s company and its needs (31%)
Activate your sales superpower
Sellers can easily address the first two behaviors: Tell the truth and strive to deliver personalized, relevant messaging.
The other four on the list reveal an often ignored reality of selling: Buyers look to sellers as the experts—ones who respect their time.
That’s why active listening is a sales superpower. And smart sales professionals are finding ways to activate it. Top-performing salespeople listen more than they speak on sales calls.*
LinkedIn data shows that salespeople have turned to learning courses as a response to the pandemic, and among the topics they learn more of are those on “active listening”, where minutes spent learning increased 4x in the last 12 months.
*According to Gong data
Ready to dive into the report to explore how LinkedIn can help you ahead with these industry trends?