- CreditStacks solves a real problem, marketing a premium credit card for high-potential, new-to-credit applicants who are often rejected by major U.S. card companies due to their lack of history. The challenge lies in finding this highly specific audience and communicating their unique service.
- The company viewed targeted advertising through LinkedIn as a good option to reach its potential customers, but as a growing startup, CreditStacks needs to be very deliberate and discerning with ad budgets.
- After some internal back-and-forth, CreditStacks decided to launch its first two LinkedIn campaigns in May of 2019. With a few tweaks and adjustments, they started to see signups roll in at a steady rate.
- “LinkedIn is exactly where our target audience spends time, and it enables us to segment them in very specific ways,” says Tal Nissenson, VP of Marketing.
- LinkedIn products used include:
- Video Ads
- Sponsored Content
- Website Retargeting
- With a very performance-oriented marketing strategy, CreditStacks prioritizes Cost Per Acquisition (CPA) as a primary KPI. On this front, LinkedIn has delivered exceptional results, even as their efforts have scaled up.
- “Usually, CPA will increase as you increase reach. As you test new formats and more, you expect to see an initial drop in overall performance,” Nissenson observes. “With CreditStacks’ LinkedIn campaign, however, we managed to increase our number of new customers from June to July of 2019 by 150% — all while keeping the CPA the same. This is every marketer’s dream!”
The big turning point:
- Nissenson explains that when they began running their initial campaigns, CreditStacks saw strong results in terms of click-throughs, but they weren’t receiving a lot of signups. They quickly pivoted away from directing traffic to the company’s homepage, instead creating a conversion-optimized landing page with a quick signup form.
- “This was a big turning point for us,” she says. “We immediately started seeing signups come in.”
An eye on ad spend efficiency:
- CreditStacks is in a growth position where scrutinizing every dollar spent is essential, but ad budget efficiency should be a goal for businesses of any size and age. So anyone can take a page from this startup’s proactive strategy for optimization. For example, they ran 27 different sets of images and text for their Sponsored Content campaign to test extensively.
- “We measure everything,” Nissenson explains. “We are always pausing to review the data, reflect, and make adjustments as needed.”
Boosting results with retargeting:
- One other ingredient that has helped propel CreditStacks’ LinkedIn strategy is the incorporation of retargeting, which enables them to serve ads to members who have visited their website in the past.
- Capitalizing on brand familiarity in LinkedIn’s contextually relevant environment has been a big win, according to Nissenson. “We are also retargeting users on other channels, but the performance on LinkedIn is markedly superior.”
Every professional moving to the U.S. faces the credit paradox: No matter how much a person earns or how stellar of a track-record he or she might have - most banks won’t extend credit or issue cards without local credit history.¹
CreditStacks is a different kind of credit card company.
The CreditStacks card is a revolutionary credit card that flips the script on the credit paradox. High credit line with great terms from day one. Even without US credit history¹ or SSN.²
The CreditStacks Credit Card Mastercard® is issued by First Century Bank, N.A. pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated.
¹Applicants who have lived in the US for more than one year at time of application must provide SSN and application review will include a credit check.
²SSN is required within 60 days of card activation. Card can only be activated from within the US. Applicants who have lived in the US for one year or more must provide SSN at time of application and undergo a credit check.
Website : http://www.creditstacks.com
|INDUSTRY: Financial Services|
|NO. OF EMPLOYEES: 11-50 employees|
|HQ LOCATION: San Francisco, CA|
|View Company Page|
|Download the Customer Story|
“With LinkedIn’s powerful targeting capabilities, we don’t spend our marketing budget to reach an audience that won’t find our message relevant, or benefit from what we offer. We’re reaching our customers.”
“LinkedIn has been a reliable, stable source of quality leads for us, driving substantial customer growth for our business on an efficient CPA.”