By entering into the “Australian Agency Influencer Competition 2017” (“Competition”), you agree to these terms and conditions (“Terms”) with LinkedIn Singapore Pte Ltd (“Sponsor” or “LinkedIn”).
1. Competition Period. The Competition commences on Wednesday 14 June 2017 at 09:00 AEST and closes on Friday 17 November 2017 at 17:00 AEST (“Competition Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Competition. All entries must be received during the Competition Period. This is a contest of skill.
2. Eligibility Requirements.
a. Entry into the Competition is open to any full-time employee of any media agency, creative agency, or marketing agency incorporated in Australia (employees of a sole trader are not eligible) (each, a “Qualified Agency”) who is: (i) 18 or more years of age, (ii) a resident of Australia, and (iii) employed by a Qualified Agency for the duration of the Competition Period. Notwithstanding the foregoing, employees and the immediate family members of Sponsor and Focal Attractions Pty Ltd, and their associated agencies and companies, or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the Prize (described below), are ineligible to enter.
b. The Competition is subdivided into two categories: (i) “Agency Influencer”, and (ii) “New Comer Agency Influencer” (each, a “Competition Category”). In addition to the eligibility requirements set forth in section 2(a) above, to be eligible for the New Comer Agency Influencer category, the entrant must not have worked in one or more of the media, creative, or marketing industries for more than a combined total of five years. Entrants are only eligible to compete in one Competition Category. If an entrant enters both Competition Categories, LinkedIn may, in its sole discretion, disqualify the entrant from one or both categories. In the event of a discrepancy, the total number of years an entrant has worked in a media, creative, or marketing industry will be determined by LinkedIn in its sole discretion.
3. How to Enter. To enter into the Competition, each eligible entrant (“Entrant”) must satisfy the following requirements:
a. Register at Microsite by June 13 2017;
b. Publish at least one post on LinkedIn’s website (www.linkedin.com); and
c. Engage with content and members on LinkedIn’s website. Each Entrant’s level of engagement will be determined by LinkedIn based on a weighted scoring made up from such Entrant’s total number of profile views, new connections, endorsements, post frequency, post page views, post engagements, share frequency, and share engagements (collectively, “Engagement Score”) over the duration of a given month during the Competition Period. Engagement Scores will be determined by LinkedIn based solely on LinkedIn’s records.
4. Leader Board. Each month during the Competition Period, LinkedIn will list on a website hosted by Focal Attractions Pty Ltd, a.k.a. Mumbrella, (“Mumbrella Site”) the leader boards (each, a “Leader Board”) for each Competition Category and the top ten Entrants with the highest Engagement Score in such month.
5. Winner Selection. At or near the end of the Competition Period, LinkedIn will select one Competition winner for each Competition Category (each, a “Winner”) based on each Entrant’s Engagement Score over the course of the Competition Period. Each Winner will be notified by phone and/or email and his or her details will be published by Sponsor on the Microsite and/or Mumbrella Site after the expiration of the Competition Period. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each Winner. If a Prize remains unclaimed by a Winner, or is forfeited for any reason, by Wednesday 22 November 2017 at 10:00 AEDT, the Prize will be reallocated to the next valid Entrant, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. This Prize reallocation will take place at LinkedIn, 1 Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000 on Thursday 23 November 2017 at 11:00 AEDT and the newly determined Winners after the Prize reallocation will be notified by phone and or email and their details will also be published on the Microsite from Thursday 23November 2017.
6. Prize. Entrants are eligible to win the following prize package (“Prize”). One Prize winner will be selected for each Competition Category.
|Prize Details||AUD RRP|
|Economy class round-trip flights to New York for 1 person||$3,000.00|
|Accommodation (single occupancy) in New York for 5 nights||$2,000.00|
|Total Prize Value (AUD)||$6,100.00|
The total Prize package (for both Competition Categories combined) is valued at AUD$12,200.00 (including GST) as of 17 May 2017. The Sponsor accepts no responsibility for any change in the Prize value between 17 May 2017 and the ultimate Prize redemption date. The Prize is valid until November 30, 2018. All Prize components are non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative for any Prize component. The Prize must be taken as offered and any unused portions of the Prize are not exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Prize cannot be used with any other special offers. The travel components of the Prize are subject to availability and blackout periods and seasonal embargos may apply. The Sponsor has the right to determine the airline carrier at its discretion. In the event a Winner requests a specific carrier, not offered by the Sponsor, any subsequent or additional fees and taxes, if applicable, will be the responsibility of such Winner. Flight itinerary may be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and current flight schedules. Frequent flyer points are not available from any airline. The Sponsor is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of a travel Prize and any costs incurred by a Winner as a result (including accommodation costs) will be the responsibility of such Winner. Each Winner is responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, vaccinations (if applicable), taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the Prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges and all other ancillary costs. All taxes (including without limitation national and local taxes) in connection with any Prize component and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of each Winner. Travel insurance will be supplied to each Winner before departure. Travel insurance is subject to restrictions and the terms and conditions of the insurance provider. It is the responsibility of each Winner to meet any additional costs relating to obtaining insurance cover for any pre-existing medical conditions and/or for any additional costs as may be specified. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that each Winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements. Flights are economy class and may be indirect. The airline’s Conditions of Carriage apply to all flights. Each Winner will be responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure. Tickets are non-transferable (no name changes allowed). Once tickets are issued, they are non-endorsable and non-transferrable. Once the Prize has been arranged, any changes to the travel, flights, accommodation or scheduling arrangements are at the expense of the Winner requesting such changes. All components of the Prize must be fulfilled at the same time, and cannot be split across different time periods. Each Winner may be required to provide a credit card in order to check-in at the hotel for a security deposit, and to cover any incidental charges. Each Winner is advised that tax implications may arise from their Prize winnings and independent financial advice should be sought prior to acceptance of the Prize. Sponsor makes no representation as to the safety conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, www.dfat.gov.au. With effect from Friday 1 April 2016, all passengers travelling to the USA under the Visa Waiver Program must hold a passport with an integrated chip. A list of countries under the Visa Waiver Program can be found at http://www.immihelp.com/visa-waiver-program/. It is each Winner’s personal responsibility to ensure they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any necessary visas, vaccinations, passports and any associated costs are the responsibility of each Winner. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of each Winner. In accepting the Prize, each Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the Prize, which are the entire responsibility of such Winner. Sponsor has the right to substitute the entire Prize or component thereof with another of comparable or greater value at any time. If for any reason whatsoever a Winner does not take a component of the Prize at the time stipulated by the Sponsor that component of the Prize will be forfeited by such Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that component of the Prize. By entering into the Competition, each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that personal information about each Winner will be disclosed to the Prize provider(s), and their agents, to the extent necessary for Prize components to be delivered to such Winner. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that each Winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
7. Unforeseen Circumstances. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes or unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual and/or Entrant who tampers with the Competition processes, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
8. Publicity. By participating, all Entrants grant the Sponsor permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of the Competition, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s products and services and all Entrants waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. Entrants hereby grant the Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers, including, without limitation, through agents and subcontractors) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose. Each Winner, in accepting the Prize, agrees to participate in and co-operate with all reasonable media requests, not limited to being filmed, interviewed and photographed and each Winner grants the Sponsor a non-exclusive license (including the right to sublicense through multiple tiers) to use such material and each Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
9. Content License. By participating, all Entrants grant the Sponsor permission to sub-license to Sponsor’s agents and subcontractors, including, without limitation, Mumbrella, the worldwide right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process Entrants’ posts and other content submitted by Entrants to Sponsor on or through any medium now known or hereinafter created, including, without limitation, the Mumbrella Site, without any further consent, notice, and/or compensation to such Entrants or others.
10. Competition Rule Changes. Sponsor reserves the right to amend the rules of the Competition at any time.
11. Disclaimer. The Company and Sponsor disclaim all liability for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of online entries; traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Competition; and any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or telephone related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Competition.
12. Limitation of Liability. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Sponsor (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Sponsor’s control); any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; any post or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Sponsor) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor; any variation in the Prize value to that stated in these Terms; any tax liability incurred by the Winner or Entrant; or use of the Prize. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any Prize except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by any software, hardware, or other technology associated with or utilized in this Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries.
14. Governing Law. These Terms and the Competition are governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of New South Wales and Australia, and the forum and venue for any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms shall be in Sydney, Australia.
15. Sponsor Information. The Sponsor of the Competition is LinkedIn Singapore Pte Ltd (ARBN 615 253 408) with an address at 1 Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000.
The Australia Agency Influencer program has no association to the LinkedIn global Influencer program, which is an exclusive invite only program managed by LinkedIn's editorial team.