At [CompanyX], we rely on our IT systems to power the solutions that help consumers around the world. We’re looking for an experienced system analyst who is eager to do the same, using his or her technological skills to help us continue to thrive. In this role, the successful candidate will analyze critical information, systems, and assets, build solutions, implement upgrades, and provide training. From early on, he or she will methodically analyze reports, diagrams, specifications, and user feedback to identify problems, needs, and solutions. You possess a unique blend of functional, business, and technical knowledge—and with it, you can help fill out big-picture strategy with the right level of detail.
Objectives of this Role
- Examine and evaluate current systems with a goal of optimization
- Assist in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new enhancements to enterprise systems
- Solicit feedback from users to validate additional features and ensure application designs meet business requirement
- Collaborate with IT team and developers to create and implement new systems
- Continuously research and adopt new technologies, software, and hardware
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Analyze user needs, identify bugs and redundancies, and improve efficiency and accuracy
- Provide technical troubleshooting for applications, integrations, and data marts with emphasis on root cause analysis and issues resolution.
- Prepare cost benefits analysis reports when upgrades are necessary
- Manage periodic software releases and upgrades via change management processes inclusive of system and user acceptance testing, user training, and support documentation.
- Ensure system architecture components work together seamlessly
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures and documentations for new and existing systems.
- Train employees on both software and hardware, developing training guides and FAQs to increase user adoption of systems
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or computer science
- 7+ years experience as a data analyst
- Thorough knowledge of business information systems
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance-monitoring tools (MS Excel, MS Access and/or SQL)
- Expertise with configuring and testing feasible solutions
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Project management experience preferred
- Professional certifications
- Careful attention to detail