4 ways to hire fast on a budget
A guide for growing your small business
To build out a strong team, you need to find quality candidates without draining your budget. You also need to speed up your hiring process so your team can meet goals faster and gain an edge over the competition. Here are four quick and cost-effective ways to attract talented professionals.
Define your company brand and turn followers into candidates.
Your company’s online image can either intrigue or repel potential candidates — and maintaining your brand can be relatively cheap.
• Create a free LinkedIn Page where you can display unique company accomplishments and post engaging content like polls, thought-leadership pieces, or videos that show potential employees what it’s like to work with you.
• Audit your emails, webpages, and social properties to see if their look and feel is consistent. The graphics and language you use in a personalized email to a candidate shouldn’t vary wildly from what the candidate saw when they landed on your blog.
Post jobs with descriptions that attract qualified candidates
Your small business can fill roles quickly with qualified people if you begin with the right job post.
• Use a job description template to save yourself time and write more effective job posts. Unstructured and ambiguous job posts lead to more unqualified applicants.
• Be clear instead of cute. Use standard job titles and include a concise bulleted list of four to six job responsibilities. Learn more do’s and don’ts to follow when writing your job post.
• Post your job for free with screening questions, skill assessments, and other filters that help you find candidates who match your needs.
Increase in frequency of applications to job posts with 150 words or less, compared to those with 450 to 600 words
Consolidate your tools to simplify and speed up hiring.
On a small team, you can define your hiring process from the get-go and select only the tools that help goals.
• Audit your hiring process to understand which tools help you accomplish your hiring goals, which tools take up too much of your time, and whether any unused tools can be retired to spare your budget.
• Some tools may not be able to handle the hiring needs you’ll eventually encounter as you grow. As a smaller team, consider investing in fewer future-proof tools now — instead of overspending on a patchwork of solutions later.
• Use a unified solution to gain back the time you currently spend switching between different hiring systems.One tool can solve for many needs, speeding up your hiring process and saving you money.
Start building your talent pipeline right now.
No applicants? Haven’t posted the job yet? You can still proactively find great candidates.
• Search your LinkedIn network. You can discover candidates who meet your criteria, but you’ll probably need to manually migrate and update their information into whatever applicant tracking system (ATS) you use.
• Add clear signs that you’re hiring to your LinkedIn profile. Just by adding a #Hiring frame to your profile photo, you can let your connections know that you’re accepting applications.
Grow your team fast without breaking the bank.
Whatever size your team is, you can make cost-effective changes to your strategy to quickly attract and connect with qualified candidates. Using the right tools and a consolidated process, you can turn less into more, make stronger hires, and grow your company even more.