At [CompanyX], we see public relations as newsworthy storytelling. Therefore, we are looking for a seasoned public relations professional to create narratives that guide our brand story. From day one, this individual will contribute to existing PR efforts, while assisting with the development of new initiatives aligned with company objectives. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with a wide range of PR functions—and an established relationship with the well-respected media in our realm.
Objectives of this Role
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast, and online media to increase company visibility
- Build connections with media and key journalists through a mix of channels, from traditional to digital and social.
- Ensure that our PR efforts serve to achieve immediate and long-term business goals
- Forecast news cycles and identify areas of trending public interest
- Understand the competitive landscape, staying ahead of threats to our brand image
- Establish a media relations plan, with actionable strategies for high-level placements
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Evaluate and establish the public relations plan and strategy
- Engage with marketing department to ensure that the PR campaigns are aligned with all company strategic goals and relevant plans for growth and new business opportunities.
- Leverage existing media relationships, including broadcast, traditional, and online) to land prominent placements
- Pitch new ideas, and amplify content and social concepts to propel brand awareness while representing the brand voice, and staying consistent with current trends and media opportunities
- Write timely press releases and media kits, and direct social media team for proactive and regular communication
- Help establish crisis strategies and contain any damage
- Handle all inbound media inquiries and requests
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, or advertising
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of traditional and digital media and social media
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Past work experience in public relations
- Established media relationships
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS)