- While Mercedes-Benz is known for producing the highest quality luxury vehicles, it is a common misconception that Mercedes-Benz only makes vehicles for the ultra-affluent.
- The launch of the first-ever Mercedes-Benz GLB, a three-row SUV at an accessible cost for young families, presented an opportunity and challenge to reach a more mass-market audience outside Mercedes-Benz’s traditional demographic without diluting the brand’s prestige.
- The Mercedes-Benz marketing team, along with media agency Merkley + Partners, understood the need to meet their consumers wherever they are online.
- Together, the Mercedes-Benz team identified LinkedIn as a platform for upwardly mobile professionals while providing a premium, brand-safe, and highly engaged environment fitting for the Mercedes-Benz brand.
- The Mercedes-Benz team was pleasantly surprised to discover that not only did the campaign achieve top-of-funnel awareness objectives, but it also drove mid-funnel and bottom-funnel results.
- The quality of Mercedes-Benz’s creative paired with the quality of LinkedIn’s audience yielded a relevant, engaging campaign that exceeded expectations.
- Mercedes-Benz CPCs were 35% more efficient than similar advertisers.
- Over 80% of clicks came from members with senior+ job titles.
- Top engagement came from “Owner,” “CEO,” and “Founder” job titles.
Why it worked:
- Content was bright, colorful, and stood out against LinkedIn’s light-colored background.
- Attractive vehicle features such as third-row seating and a panoramic moonroof appealed to the target audience.
In 2019, Mercedes-Benz was recognized as the most valuable luxury automotive brand, further reinforcing its brand promise: the best or nothing.
|INDUSTRY: Transportation (or Automotive)|
|NO. OF EMPLOYEES: 7,000+|
|HQ LOCATION: Stuttgart, Germany|
|View Company Page|
|Download the Customer Story|
Senior Social Media Lead