The Sophisticated Marketer's Guide to LinkedIn
- Previously, Genesys marketing and sales teams worked independently to reach potential customers in a highly complex buying environment. This did not position the company to achieve its rapid growth goals in key markets. To accelerate momentum, Genesys adopted an Account Based Marketing (ABM) approach to better reach the right people, at the right time.
- By creating a foundation of data and insights, LinkedIn gave the Genesys marketing and sales teams the structure needed to identify and pursue accounts in a unified and strategic way. Tapping into the power of LinkedIn’s Marketing Solutions alongside Sales Navigator, both teams found improved ways to collaborate with one another, target new markets with precision, and expand their brand’s reach.
- Once underway, Genesys refined and optimized their process by leveraging key buyer signals from LinkedIn. With these insights, their teams could make better decisions on how to reach prospects throughout a highly targeted customer journey, using a range of creative methods.
- By implementing an Account-Based Marketing (ABM) approach on LinkedIn through LinkedIn marketing partner for campaign management, Terminus, Genesys adopted a successful framework for identifying and engaging accounts in a unified, strategic way for each stage of the buying journey. Tapping into LinkedIn’s powerful targeting and tools to engage quality buyers alongside Sales Navigator, both teams found improved ways to collaborate with one another, reach new markets with precision.
- New customer engagements score grew by 10%
- New prospect pipeline sourced by marketing increased 16%
- New customer bookings contribution rose 30% year-over-year
- Inquiries grew by 40% year-over-year
- Cost per lead dropped by 30%
- Sales Navigator influenced 64% of closed revenue in 2019
- 5,681 deals were influenced by digitally-enabled selling
- 3,618 deals were sourced by digitally-enabled selling
- Named ‘ABM Innovator of the Year’ by SMX
Getting Started with ABM
- Genesys didn’t launch a company-wide ABM program right out of the gate. Mindful that false starts could hamper longterm buy-in for ABM, marketing and sales leaders piloted an ABM program with a carefully selected, cross-functional team. After the pilot program demonstrated that aligned marketing and sales teams could generate results, and foundational tools such as LinkedIn’s Sales Navigator could grow the sales pipeline, ABM using LinkedIn was introduced more broadly across the company.
Right Message, Right Person, Right Time
- The traditional funnel is no longer an accurate model of the B2B technology buyer’s journey. A new generation of collaborative technology buyers seek input from colleagues, industry peers, thought leaders, online communities, and other sources. The buying unit can include upwards of a dozen individuals, each with different perspectives, and at different stages of consideration and awareness.
For 30 years, Genesys has been at the forefront of helping businesses provide excellent customer service. Today, thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries use Genesys technology to connect every customer moment across marketing, sales and service on any channel.