Keeping your profile up to date is one of the most impactful ways to improve your contact rate. It’s not just your brand that your audience is interacting with. People do business with other people, so profiles matter.
- Aim for close to 100% completeness and continually optimize your profile.
- Add new skills, achievements, and examples of your latest work.
- Introduce your personality. Authenticity is as important as experience.
Related: 5 Steps to Improve Your LinkedIn Profile in Minutes
- Insert keywords. Incorporate keywords and phrases that potential customers might use to search for your product or service. Include them in the About tab overview, clearly representing who you are and what you do.
- Link to your Page. Links are essential for boosting your search ranking. An easy win here is to link to your Page from your website. Also, make sure the LinkedIn profiles of employees are up to date.
- Share relevant content. Share often. The more frequently you share content your followers engage with, the higher your Page will appear in search results.
A robust following will give you a relevant audience with every update. There are a few key things you can do to start growing your following now.
- Use a “Follow” button on your site or blog. Follow Plugin Generator.
- Invite your Profile connections to follow your LinkedIn Page.
- Let your employees know your most important Page posts to boost the organic reach.
- Promote your Company Page on emails, newsletters, and blog posts.
Cater to your audience’s craving for visual content by experimenting with different types of rich media content:
- Custom image collages (3-4 images in one post) perform very well.
- Videos should be about 1-2 minutes and should capture attention within the first few seconds. Add subtitles for those watching with the sound off.
- Live video generates 24x more comments than regular video on LinkedIn.
- Documents, like PDFs or PowerPoints, can showcase what makes your brand unique.
- Kudos and team moments can highlight colleagues or employees—a personalized shout-out is always appreciated.
- Attract followers by getting your updates in front of more people
- Use LinkedIn’s comprehensive targeting to reach the right audience
- Use Direct Sponsored Content to test variations of your messaging
- Track the number of leads you are getting from your ads with conversion tracking
Related: Take a tour of LinkedIn Sponsored Content
There are several ways to drill down into your audiences’ preferences and behaviors on LinkedIn:
- For monitoring and optimizing your LinkedIn Page performance, there’s LinkedIn Page analytics, along with analytics for publishing on LinkedIn.
- Improve your paid campaign performance with help from your LinkedIn Campaign Manager.
Related: The Sophisticated Marketer’s Crash Course in Metrics & Analytics